July 23 1-3p
Pre - Register
Ayurvedic Health Counselor and founder of Radiant Health, Jamie Worster will share Ayurvedic tips and recommendations for summer, the Pitta season, followed by calming yoga. SUMMER is a joyful and exuberant season as nature shines forth in full expression! Longer days means more time to play and frolic in the sun. With more sun comes the potential to over-do, over-schedule, over-heat, dry out, and deplete.
Learn how to stay serene through the summer months when the fire is high! Feeling hot and bothered? Excess fire element this time of year can cause hot flashes, exhaustion, irritability and inflammation. Please come join us as we luxuriate in cooling practices and discuss ways to combat imbalances of the summer season… Learn about natural ways to cool the body and mind peppermint, rose, coconut and cucumber and sample cooling tonics for summer!
Through Ayurveda, (an ancient system of natural healing) we can balance the heat with simple strategies that help keep us in rhythm with nature.
In this workshop you will:
• be introduced to the basics of Ayurveda
• explore dietary tips and pacifying foods for summer
• create a seasonal daily routine and self care practice
• explore what type of yoga and movement is most beneficial this time of year, through an all levels yoga practice
Join Jamie to learn basic principle of Ayurveda to live a balanced life, not just this summer, but for a lifetime. No experience necessary.
Sunday, July 23rd
Investment: $30 / Members FREE
This offering will be held in our Freeport location
Ready to feel LESS scattered? Less stress + Anxiety?
Ready for MORE Clarity? MORE energy?
Find well-being in the present moment.
Radiant Body is a course merging lifestyle, yoga and Ayurvedic living with habit evolution. This is about upgrading your health and your habits in real-time. What, when and how we apply specific practices in our lives is key to shifting how we feel. This is aligning with nature. When we align, we thrive. When we are out of alignment, we suffer. When we thrive, we feel confident, alive and connected. When we align our habits with our deepest desires for health, connectivity and overall vibrancy, it has a ripple effect. Join Jamie as she guides you towards greater ease for yourself and your family. She has the ability to provide and hold a safe environment for you to show up just as you are and support your transformation.
Online 3 week fall Cleanse with Jamie + Genell + Liz
September 30, 2018
Yoga, nutrition, and connection will be shared over this online course of 3 weeks. Feel deeply supported as we work as community to feel vibrant, awake, and more conscious in our physiology. You can do this remotely and connect in through our online community. The course will be a combination of live calls, voice recordings, and video recordings. Everything will be recorded and available at anytime throughout the course.
The course will help you:
- Improve your digestion
- Train the mind and body to be attracted to eating whole, seasonal foods
- Reduce cravings for sugar, caffeine + processed foods
- Improve your metabolism
- Balance your hormones
- Rest your adrenals
- Align with your intuition about how to best nourish your body
- Create clean spaces externally and internally
- Shed excess heat, weight, and stress
- Connect to others interested in up-leveling their health
Two day Meditation Retreat
October 12 + 13, 2018
Join Catherine Stewart for a two day initiation process of Neelakantha Meditation.
How Does Neelakantha Meditation Work?
Neelakantha Meditation is a simple, elegant and sophisticated yet easy to learn practice of meditation. It is a daily seated, closed-eyed meditation practice. This practice does not require that you have specific beliefs or previous experience.In fact, anyone can practice Neelakantha Meditation with great success! It simply requires that you learn how to do it properly in a series of personal meetings with an Authorized Teacher.
Neelakantha Meditation works in harmony with the natural movement of the mind to move towards more: more activity, more happiness, more clarity, more fulfillment. Because it works in harmony with the mind there is no need to manipulate our awareness in any way whether by harsh concentration or attempting to control the mind. This is an effortless practice that gives us access to a natural current that takes our awareness deep inside ourselves.
Once we have learned how to do the practice we traverse effortlessly inside ourselves into a place of depth and silence. From this deep space of silence, peace and clarity surges forward in our awareness and is present with us throughout our day.
What are the benefits to practicing Neelakantha Meditation?
Over the years that I have been practicing Neelakantha Meditation on a daily basis, I have experienced its profoundly positive effect on my life. It sets in motion a continuous process of refinement of the way that I see myself and of the way that I see my world.
Neelakantha Meditation very rapidly shifts our experience of our lives This practice has helped me to quickly release deep rooted fears and patterns. I am experiencing greater fulfillment in my life and have felt an abundance of the following benefits as a result of my practice:
- less stress
- compassion towards myself and others
- ability to more easily identify and disengage with limiting patterns
- ability to easefully navigate challenging interpersonal situations
- able to handle stressful situations with greater confidence
There is not one aspect of my life that has not been deeply impacted by my practice. Through the regularity of my own daily practice of Neelakantha Meditation, my life has shifted and transformed in ways that have brought greater clarity and peace in my life. As I studied to become a Teacher of this practice, I learned that the practice brings great order and coherence to life. That’s because when we practice Neelakantha Meditation we traverse the subtle states of awareness going very deep inside ourselves where our awareness moves beyond thoughts, feelings, emotions and perception at the surface of life and we experience that place of highest wisdom – our very own consciousness. This daily traverse transforms our lives so that we begin to experience life and function in life with a higher level of creativity, efficiency, intuition and clarity. Who doesn’t want that?!
How Do I Learn Neelakantha Meditation?
You can learn Neelakantha Meditation by way of formal personal meditation instruction. We will meet for two separate sessions and here is why:
Day 1: This is when you will receive detailed instructions about how to do the practice. Plan for two hours for Day 1.
Day 2: This is when you will be given the theory of the practice. Plan for 3-4 hours for the Day 2 explanation. This explanation about awareness and consciousness:
- What is awareness?
- How does our awareness move inward?
- Why does our awareness move?
- What happens when our awareness moves?
- How does this movement affect us at the surface of life?
When you complete this two-day course you will leave with the practice and knowledge to establish a self-sufficient practice for a lifetime. But there is also support along the way!!!
What is included in the course?
The knowledge and support offered to you is endless and vast. Your course includes formal personal meditation instruction over a period of two days, encouragement and support from me in the form of group meditations and invitations to future Day 2 explanations on the theory of the practice to refresh and renew your understanding of Neelakantha Meditation. I also offer other opportunities to dive deeper into the foundational principles that inform the practice of Neelakantha meditation.
You also receive support from Blue Throat Yoga as Paul is also committed to providing support to you on your journey into great knowledge and experience into the depths of your very own Self. (Hyper link to BTY Neelakantha Meditation Initiation page). Blue Throat Yoga offers support in the following ways:
- Live, interactive Meditation Practice Teleseminars for 18 months
- Online library of pre-recorded teachings and study materials to support your practice and understanding
- The process of stabilizing your practice and continuing to deeply learn the theory of the practice
- Email support for your practice
- Special Live Satsang Teleseminars for all Neelakantha Meditation practitioners
- Instruction into powerful, supportive practices including the Release Practice and Japa & Chanting Mantras that help elevate and navigate daily life
- Original scholarly translation and commentary on classical Tantric texts by renowned scholar Paul Muller-Ortega, including the Śiva Sūtras, the Pratyabhijñā-Hṛdayam of Kṣemarāja and more that directly enliven your meditation experience
- Attendance at Day Two of any subsequent Initiation at no cost in order to refresh and strengthen your practice
- Opportunity to up level your meditation experience with Advanced Initiation after 18 months of practice
- Eligibility to attend life-changing Vibrating Silence Retreats after three months of practice
Awaken your senses retreat with Jamie + Genell + Liz
October 14th 9-1p
Space is limited, please register https://livelila.com/events-workshops/ and email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place is reserved.
Join us for a special 1/2 day retreat to awaken your senses. Eyes, ears, tastes, scents and sensations will all be a part of this experience. Gentle movement, sound therapy, ocean plunging, sauna, delicious food, and good company.
This is a good pairing with those who are participating in the seasonal cleanse.